v1.0 September 22, 2016
Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us
When you place an order or pre-order with us for our hardware products, the information we collect may include your name, phone number, e-mail address, mailing address, billing address, and shipping address. Payment information will be collected by a third-party payment provider. We will also keep the details of your order and of its fulfillment. We may also store any information you place on the community forum in the Registered Developer Portal.
If you experience a problem with your Soliton Device, you may have the ability to run diagnostic checks, which will save a report with a diagnostic image set on your computer. You may choose to send this report to us, and we may use it to improve our products and services, and if you contact our customer support team they may use it to help diagnose and fix your problem.
When you fill in other forms on our website, enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, fill out a survey, provide feedback or submissions to our website, or contact us through our website, by sending us an email, phone or other communication, we collect the information you provide.
Information We Collect From our Products and Services
We collect information automatically when you use our products and software, and our website.
SolitonReach Device and Software. We may collect information about your use of the SolitonReach Device and our software that works with it, when you contact us for technical support.
Our Website and Services. We collect information about your use of our website, sub-sites and services. This information includes usage details, page visits, IP addresses, web browser, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies. We may combine this information with other information we collect from you, including personal information. The technologies we use for automatic data collection through our website may include:
- Pixel Tags and other Technologies. Pages of our website and e-mails we send you may contain small electronic files known as pixel tags (also referred to as clear GIFs, web bugs, web beacons, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail, and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). Pixel tags may also be used to track when you leave the site and to then allow a third-party to serve you an ad on third-party websites.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect, including any personal information about you:
- To provide and improve our hardware and software products and our website and services.
- To respond to requests that you make, to personalize your online experience on our website, and to better tailor the features, performance, and support of our products and services to you.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you, or in any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We will share information about you with our app developer partners only on an aggregate basis.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this policy:
- To contractors, service providers and other third party service providers we use to support our business. However, these service providers do not have any independent right to share this information (except pursuant to a legal requirement such as a subpoena or warrant).
- We may provide your credit card and related billing and payment information to third party service providers engaged on SolitonReach's behalf, including payment processors and/or credit agencies, for the purposes of checking credit, effecting payment, and servicing your accounts.
- To our subsidiaries or affiliates.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide the information or for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of SolitonReach’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by SolitonReach about our users is among the assets transferred.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any law, court order, legal process, or government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information.
Despite your indicated e-mail preferences, from time to time we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with us, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You may contact us through www.solitonreach.com/contact to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. Please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request, only after we have fulfilled such requirements).
Data Security and Retention of Personal Information
We make reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, but no company, including us, can fully eliminate security risks connected to handling information on the internet.
Where we have given you (or you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website or your account, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website or our products or services. We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in the policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Third-Party Sites and Services
Our website, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We are not responsible for that data collection or how it is used, and we encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties. Similarly, SolitonReach is not responsible for the use of any data collected through Soliton Devices through third party SolitonReach-enabled applications. Users of SolitonReach-enabled applications should carefully read the end-user license agreements for those applications and contact the third party company to understand how it uses personal information and data, including data generated by Soliton Devices.
Children under the Age of 13
Our website, products and services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our website, products or services. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child we will take steps to delete that information as soon as possible.
SolitonReach abides by the “safe harbor” frameworks set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information collected by organizations in the European Economic Area and Switzerland. Learn more about the U.S. Department of Commerce Safe Harbor Program.
For European Union and Swiss Residents, if your complaints cannot be resolved, we have agreed to participate in the dispute resolution procedures of the American Arbitration Association pursuant to the US-EU Safe Harbor and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Privacy Principles.
1330 Kinnear Road, Suite 200
Columbus, OH 43212